Board Positions 1–5 will be elected during the December 6th Annual Meeting. Individuals elected will serve two-year terms beginning January 1, 2017.
- Position 1 – Michael Trainer
- Position 2 – Marianne Greene
- Position 3 – Rose Rangel
- Position 4 – Rebecca Waldman
- Position 5 – Liz Garcia
On behalf of the Nominating Committee, Chair Gene Camargo is currently accepting nominations to run for Board Positions 1-5.
If you are a RECOSA member interested in serving on the Board, please submit a brief statement of your experience, interests, availability, and/or reasons why you would like to serve.
- attend monthly Board meetings
- attend bi-monthly meetings with the City’s Human Resources Department
- attend quarterly Brown Bag events for retirees
- serve on Board committees
- prepare reports as required
- provide guidance and oversee assigned committees such as membership, fundraising, health benefits, and financial development
The Nominating Committee will review qualified applicants and select a slate of candidates — one person per open Board position — to be nominated and placed on the ballot. Deadline for the Nominating Committee to consider applicants is November 6, 2016. Nominations will also be accepted from the floor at the December 6th Annual Meeting. All candidates nominated from the floor must be members in good standing, present at the meeting, and able to express their qualifications and interests in serving, as well as their availability and willingness to attend meetings and carry out the duties and responsibilities of a RECOSA Board member. The candidates with the most votes will fill the vacant positions. Numbers will be drawn by the elected individuals to determine the positions they will fill. The Nominating Committee will announce the voting results at the conclusion of the December 6th Annual Meeting.