The next Brown Bag session will be held Thursday, March 9th from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the Central Public Library Auditorium, 600 Soledad St.
To reserve your seat, leave a message on the Retiree RSVP Line at (210) 207-7000 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Representatives from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, CVS/caremark, and Aetna will be available to answer any medical plan or pharmacy questions you may have about your benefits.
As always, spouses and domestic partners are welcome to attend this event.
Light refreshments will be provided, but feel free to bring a bag lunch.
Free parking will be available in the Library’s parking garage.
The February 2017 edition of the Retiree Matters newsletter has been mailed to retirees. Click here to read the digital version.
Highlights of the current edition include:
- Next Brown Bag Session on March 9th
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
- 2017 Bond Program
- 10th Annual City Manager’s 5k Walk & Run
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Virtual Visits through MDLIVE
The next monthly RECOSA Board Meeting will be held this coming Tuesday, February 14th, 2017, at 11:30 a.m.
PLEASE NOTE: This meeting will be held at the Generations Federal Credit Union located at 9311 San Pedro Ave. – 11th Floor Boardroom. The location of future board meetings is changing and we’ll let you know when a new location is determined.
Highlights of this month’s agenda include:
- January 25th Human Resources Meeting
- March 9th Brown Bag Session
ALL MEMBERS ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND
Click here for links and contact information for retiree benefits and other information.
RECOSA has been advised by the City of San Antonio Human Resources Department that certain retirees will soon be receiving a very important letter in the mail that must be addressed immediately.
A number of pre-65 retirees are participants in the City’s Consumer Choice medical plan. Enrollment in this plan entitles retirees to a Health Savings Account (HSA), if eligible. IRS rules governing HSAs mandate that participants are not eligible to have a HSA if they have medical insurance other than the City’s coverage.
The City’s new vendor requires verification of your eligibility for a HSA. You will be receiving a letter asking you to confirm whether or not you have other health insurance coverage. Please complete the form and return to the City as soon as possible. You will be able to mail the form in an enclosed prepaid, self-addressed envelope or fax to the number in the letter.
Please be on the lookout for this letter IF you participate in the City’s Consumer Choice Program and have a Health Savings Account. If you have any questions, the letter will include a contact person and phone number.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Health benefits are the most common item mentioned, along with occasional references to social activities. See all the results here - 2016 RECoSA Survey Results.
The new issue of Retiree Matters can be viewed by clicking here ( OctNovDec FINAL).
Information in this issue includes:
- A letter from the City’s Human Resources Director with additional information on Annual Enrollment for both Medicare and non-Medicare retirees (Retiree AO Letter FINAL). Annual Enrollment commenced this week and continues through Friday, November 4.
Retirees who aren’t enrolled in dental and/or vision coverage should be receiving enrollment information in the mail from Delta Dental and Davis Vision, including Aetna packets for Medicare retirees.
If you choose not to change any of your benefits you do not need to do anything.
- Summary health plan information for both Medicare and non-Medicare retirees, including costs and overviews of all medical, dental and vision plans. Also included is information regarding the change of medical claims administrator for non-Medicare retirees to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, as well as the new pharmacy claims administrator, CVS/caremark.
- Two sessions to obtain answers for any of your benefits questions.
- Annual Enrollment Information Session on Friday, October 28, from 8:00 a.m. – noon.
- Quarterly Brown Bag Session on Thursday, November 10, from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Both sessions will be held at the Central Library, located at 600 Soledad St. Representatives from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, CVS/caremark, and Aetna will be in attendance. Free parking will be available in the Central Library Parking Garage.
- RECOSA’s Annual Membership Meeting, scheduled for Tuesday, December 6, including information on RECOSA Board Member positions that are up for election at the meeting, including nomination information.
- A ½% cost-of-living increase in your TMRS checks you’ll begin receiving in January.