We hope you are enjoying your Summer! Your RECOSA board met on July 7, 2015 and addressed a number of issues:
- Changes in Board Membership: Immediate Past and Founding Board Chair, Gene Camargo, retired as an active Board Member and is now serving as Ex-Officio Board Member representing RECOSA on the City’s Post-65 Health Insurance Selection Panel. David Casas and Sylvia Glover have retired from the RECOSA Board due to time constraints and family commitments. Three new Board Members have been elected – Rose Rangel as Secretary, Sergio Soto and Charles Pruski
- New RECOSA Webmaster: Nancy Dean has agreed to maintain and refresh our RECOSA Website
- Updates of RECOSA’s By-laws are underway with the intent of posting a draft for review on this website by October 1, 2015
- City’s “ Speak up Sessions” for FY 2016 Budget were attended by RECOSA Board members – RECOSA requested City staff keep us informed of any changes being considered for our health or retirement benefits and a letter was sent to the Mayor, City Council and City Manager requesting that civilian/non-uniform employees not be forgotten in the budget process.
- Brown Bag Session on August 20th, 11:30 a.m., at the Central Library being planned in coordination with Human Resources. IMPORTANT ISSUES TO BE DISCUSSED:
a. Presentation of the City’s Proposed FY2016 Budget and any potential impacts on retirees’ healthcare and retirement benefits
b. Aetna’s recent acquisition of Humana and any possible impacts on post-65 retirees
c. RECOSA’s participation for the first time in the City’s Charitable Campaign – an opportunity to continue giving back to our community.
- AirLIFE helicopter ambulance service sign-up will continue for RECOSA members at the August 20th Brown Bag session or on this website.
- NOTE: Next RECOSA Board Meeting to be held Tuesday, August 4, 11:30 a.m. at the Generations Federal Credit Union (Downtown Branch, 1828 N. St. Mary’s Street. Please join us and bring a friend. Board meetings are open to all civilian retirees.
PLEASE REMEMBER IT IS VERY IMPORTANT that we have your current EMAIL ADDRESS in our RECOSA database so that we may quickly contact you, if needed. We do not have the funds to send out mass mailings so we greatly rely on email communication. Please send your email address and any other updated contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org (Note: Contact information will be kept confidential and only used for RECOSA business)