The City of San Antonio’s Human Resources Department has provided to RECOSA the following information related to COVID-19 in an email from Rick Frommeyer, President of Aetna’s Group Retiree Business, as well as a postcard that has been sent to post-65 retirees.
We’re here to help
We’re actively monitoring the rapidly evolving international coronavirus outbreak, including guidance from trusted sources of clinical information such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). Our main priority is to help you and our members remain safe, healthy and informed during this period of uncertainty.
We recently announced resources and enhancements for our members. Here are additional actions we’re taking for our Medicare Advantage members:
- We’re waiving copays for COVID-19 testing by an approved laboratory, as long as it’s ordered by a doctor (until further notice).
- We’re waiving member cost-sharing for inpatient admissions at all in-network and out-of-network facilities for treatment of COVID-19 or health complications associated with COVID-19. This policy applies to all Aetna Group Medicare Advantage members and is effective March 25, 2020 for any such admission through June 1, 2020.
- We’re now offering a $0 copay for telehealth visits. We’ll waive costs for all telehealth visits for all Medicare plans with contracted network Medicare providers who deliver virtual care, such as live videoconferencing (until further notice). Retirees can access these services by contacting their provider. They’ll let members know how they can accommodate a visit, either by telephone or video, and how members can access these visits.
- We’ve waived charges for home delivery of all prescription medications from CVS Pharmacy for all members, even those without pharmacy coverage through Aetna and CVS. For those plans with integrated Part D drug coverage with Aetna, we’re also waiving early refill limits on 30-day prescription maintenance medications from CVS Pharmacy stores.
- Our care management teams are redirecting their focus, working to communicate with and educate our most at-risk members. Case managers are reaching out to members already engaged in case management to encourage social distancing, determining if they need additional support and educating them on available community resources. They are actively monitoring those who are admitted to the hospital and reaching out to retirees who are at high risk of complications from COVID-19.
- We’ve introduced Healing Better care packages for members hospitalized with COVID-19-related illness, which will be sent upon discharge from the hospital. Products and information supplied to members through this program may vary due to supply chain restrictions.
- CVS Health is taking steps to help facilitate COVID-19 testing. On March 13, 2020, the Trump administration announced new measures for testing for COVID-19 to better meet public needs. In the coming weeks, select CVS Pharmacy locations will host drive-through testing. We expect testing will take place in secure areas of parking lots at select stores. Individuals being tested will not have to leave their cars. Details are still being worked out based on the number of tests available and geographic needs. And we will share more details as they become available.
If members need immediate assistance, we have resources available for them.
- Members have 24/7 access to the Resources for Living program to help find services and resources in the community or just talk with someone for emotional support. The phone number is 1-833-327-AETNA (1-833-327-2386) (TTY: 711).
- Our 24-hour nurse line is available to assist with medical questions. The phone number is 1-800-556-1555 (TTY: 711).
As new data and legislation become available, we’re ready to handle the continually changing conditions associated with the coronavirus outbreak. We will be communicating directly with members via email and direct mail.
Attached is a copy of the message which directs them to our website AetnaMedicare.com/coronavirus for up-to-date information and outlines resources and enhancements to support members during this time.
Here is more information about the virus, tips for staying healthy and procedures CVS Health has implemented that focus on the health and safety of our colleagues, customers and patients. More information on the steps we’ve taken to address the COVID-19 pandemic is available at our frequently updated COVID-19 resource center.
We greatly value your trust and confidence and appreciate your loyalty and patience during this difficult time. We’re (Aetna) here to answer your questions.
© 2020 Aetna Inc.