The RECOSA Nominating Committee is currently accepting nominations for Five (5) RECOSA Board positions that will be elected at the November 27th Annual Membership Meeting.
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS IS NOVEMBER 9, 2018.
If you are a RECOSA member interested in serving on the Board, please submit a brief interest statement including reason for interest, experience, availability, and your ability to meet the following expectations of Board members:
- serve a two-year term beginning January 1, 2019
- attend monthly Board meetings
- attend bi-monthly meetings with the City’s Human Resources Department
- attend quarterly Brown Bag events for retirees
- serve on Board committees
- prepare reports as required
- provide guidance and oversee assigned committees such as membership, fundraising, health benefits, and financial development
Nominations may be mailed or emailed as follows:
Attn: Nominating Committee
P.O. Box 12973
San Antonio, TX 78212-0973
– or –
emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “RECOSA Board Nominations”
The Nominating Committee will review qualified nominees and select a slate of candidates — one person per open Board position — to be nominated and placed on the ballot for the November 27th Annual Membership Meeting.
Nominations will also be accepted from the floor at the November 27th Annual Membership Meeting. All nominees from the floor must: be members in attendance at the Annual Membership Meeting; be in good standing, and; express their interest verbally as indicated above. The candidates with the most votes will fill the vacant positions. Numbers will be drawn by the elected individuals to determine the positions they will fill. The Nominating Committee will announce the results at the conclusion of the November 27th Annual Membership Meeting.