The RECOSA Nominating Committee is currently accepting nominations for Four (4) RECOSA Board positions that will be elected at the November 15th Annual Membership Meeting.
The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, October 25, 2019.
If you are a RECOSA member interested in serving on the Board, please submit a brief interest statement including your: 1) reason for interest; 2) experience; 3) availability; and 4) ability to meet the following expectations of Board members:
- serve a two-year term beginning January 1, 2020
- attend monthly Board meetings (currently first Tuesday of each month at 11:30 a.m. at City of San Antonio Solid Waste Management Dept. located at 4410 W. Piedras Dr.)
- attend quarterly meetings with the City’s Human Resources Department, if possible
- attend quarterly Brown Bag events for retirees
- serve on one or more Board committees, such as membership, finance & fundraising, and health benefits
- potentially serve as an officer of RECOSA, if elected (i.e. Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Secretary)
Nominations may be submitted to John German, RECOSA Treasurer and Chair of Nominating Committee, as follows:
(subject “2019 RECOSA Board Nominations“)
– OR –
Attn: Chair, RECOSA Nominating Committee
P.O. Box 12973
San Antonio, TX 78212-0973
The Nominating Committee will review qualified nominees and select a slate of candidates — one person per open Board position — to be nominated and placed on the ballot for the November 15th Annual Membership Meeting.
Nominations will also be accepted from the floor at the November 15th Annual Membership Meeting. All nominees from the floor must: 1) be members in good standing with RECOSA; 2) be in attendance at the Annual Membership Meeting; and 3) express their interest verbally as indicated above. The four candidates with the most votes will fill the vacant positions. Numbers will be drawn by the elected individuals to determine the Board positions they will fill. The RECOSA Board Chair will announce the results at the conclusion of the Annual Membership Meeting.