The new issue of Retiree Matters can be viewed by clicking here ( OctNovDec FINAL).
Information in this issue includes:
- A letter from the City’s Human Resources Director with additional information on Annual Enrollment for both Medicare and non-Medicare retirees (Retiree AO Letter FINAL). Annual Enrollment commenced this week and continues through Friday, November 4.
Retirees who aren’t enrolled in dental and/or vision coverage should be receiving enrollment information in the mail from Delta Dental and Davis Vision, including Aetna packets for Medicare retirees.
If you choose not to change any of your benefits you do not need to do anything.
- Summary health plan information for both Medicare and non-Medicare retirees, including costs and overviews of all medical, dental and vision plans. Also included is information regarding the change of medical claims administrator for non-Medicare retirees to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, as well as the new pharmacy claims administrator, CVS/caremark.
- Two sessions to obtain answers for any of your benefits questions.
- Annual Enrollment Information Session on Friday, October 28, from 8:00 a.m. – noon.
- Quarterly Brown Bag Session on Thursday, November 10, from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Both sessions will be held at the Central Library, located at 600 Soledad St. Representatives from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, CVS/caremark, and Aetna will be in attendance. Free parking will be available in the Central Library Parking Garage.
- RECOSA’s Annual Membership Meeting, scheduled for Tuesday, December 6, including information on RECOSA Board Member positions that are up for election at the meeting, including nomination information.
- A ½% cost-of-living increase in your TMRS checks you’ll begin receiving in January.