- Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with retirees and other stakeholders including city staff, elected public officials, Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) staff and others as necessary.
- Gather, analyze and disseminate demographic information about the City of San Antonio civilian retirees.
- Communicate with members through a dedicated website, emails, mailings, meetings and other means as necessary on relevant issues in a timely manner.
- Monitor proposed changes to retiree health and retirement benefits and offer input regarding these changes to elected public officials and City of San Antonio staff.
- Recruit and maintain membership in the organization through attendance at relevant events, collaboration with the City of San Antonio, and other means.
- Seek funding as needed to support the activities of the organization.
- Maintain 501(c)(3) status by following all applicable laws and ensuring all reporting and organization actions reflect such requirements.