Your COSA health benefits information will be mailed to you very soon. To help you get a head start on the choices you have for next year, we have provided links to the documents that you will receive. In the links below you will find a packet for pre-65 individuals, one for post-65 individuals and the Benefit Matters booklet. We believe that you will be satisfied with the changes for next year and the efforts of everyone to keep the plans affordable.
Please take note of the following:
- Annual Enrollment ends October 27, 2017; however, if you do not wish to make any changes to your health, dental or optical plans, you do not need to do anything; your coverage will roll over to 2018.
- Retirees will now have the option of a Dental PPO as well as the continued DHMO plan.
- If you have any questions, an Annual Enrollment Information Session is scheduled for Thursday, October 19, 2017 at the Central Library (600 Soledad St.) from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon). There will be presentations from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. to briefly go over the 2018 plans. Representatives from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, CVS/Caremark, Delta Dental and Aetna will be available to help you.
- For post-65 individuals, an enhancement to the Aetna Medicare Advantage plans will now allow you to fill generic prescriptions for a $5.00 co-pay within a large network of pharmacies. Included in this network are CVS, HEB, Walmart, and Costco. If you fill generic prescriptions at a pharmacy not in the network, including Walgreen’s, a $15.00 co-pay will apply. Brand name prescriptions have the same co-pays as today. A list of the network pharmacies with the lower generic co-pay is included in the packet.
- If you have questions, please call Human Resources Customer Service at (210) 207-8705 from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday, or email HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope that you find this information useful and don’t forget to attend our RECOSA Annual Meeting on Thursday, November 9, 2017 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Central Library (600 Soledad St.).